injection moulding jobs at Toolcraft Plastics (Swindon) Ltd
We are currently recruiting for a Materials Handler / Stock Handler and a Production Supervisor & Setter. Please see job descriptions below.
Injection Moulding Production Supervisor / Setter
Toolcraft Plastics Ltd is a family run, custom Plastic Injection Moulding company in Swindon, Wiltshire. We manufacture custom injection mouldings and vacuum formings for a wide range of technical companies and we're currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our busy & experienced team.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor with hands on experience of Injection Moulding Machine Setting to take full responsibility for production planning & the day-to-day running of the mould shop and assembly areas. You will manage another full-time Setter, 1 Materials Handler & 4 Production Operatives.
- Direct supervision of 1 Setter, 1 Materials Handler & 4 Production Operatives.
- Production planning, ensuring customer orders are met to schedule, working closely with sales and management.
- Providing support and training to ensure the smooth running of the production department.
- Ensuring that all production processes are running efficiently.
- Working closely with the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring products are produced in-line with our ISO 9001 quality standard and customer requirements.
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules and policies are followed and that the factory is a safe working environment.
Responsible for organising the opening and closing of the factory.
Setting of Injection Moulding Machines & Ancillaries to cover holidays or busy periods.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 years injection moulding setting experience, preferably in a custom mould shop.
- Ability to plan and schedule work to meet production demands essential.
- Ability to read technical drawings and use measuring devices essential.
- Team management skills and experience.
- PC literate
- Can handle pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Have an excellent understanding of health & safety requirements.
- Experience of ISO 9001 or other Quality Systems preferred.
This is a key role for Toolcraft. If you’re a positive-thinking, flexible & reliable, hard-working team builder, get in touch !
Hours and Benefits
- Yearly salary in the region of £27,000 + Quarterly Attendance Bonus.
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme after 3 months.
- 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm.
Closing date Wednesday 4 October, interviews taking place w/c 9 October. To apply, please email us your CV & covering letter.
Materials Handler / Stock Handler
Toolcraft Plastics Ltd in Gorse Hill, Swindon is an established and successful Plastic Products Manufacturer (Injection Moulding and Vacuum Forming). We're looking for a Materials Handler to join our busy team. The materials handler is responsible for the receipt, storage and despatch of all materials, goods and equipment.
Your key responsibility is:
Preparing materials for production. This includes getting material out of stock & updating records; drying material before it can be loaded in the injection moulding machines; colouring materials; loading materials into the hopper; monitoring machine material levels closely during production; placing materials back in stock & updating records. This a critical role in the company – you'll be the key person keeping production running smoothly. If machines run out of material, production comes to a halt.
- Deliveries: checking materials are received undamaged and that the goods and delivery documentation match the order. Use of Reach Forklift often required.
- Storage: correctly identify & label materials & finished goods and store them in appropriate location, ensuring stock levels are kept up to date. Periodical stock checking.
- Despatch: Carefully package and protect goods for despatch; preparing despatch documentation; ensuring stock level are kept updated.
- Health & Safety: you will comply with Toolcraft Health & Safety procedures at all times.
Regrinding materials for re-use: protective workwear will be supplied and must be worn at all times when in the regrind room.
Experience and qualifications required:
-Reach Forklift licence
-1-2 years work experience in a similar role within a busy manufacturing environment.
-Great organisational skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
- IT literate. We use Sage Line 50 Accounts Software for Stock Control.
As a person, you must have strong attention to detail, be organised and an accurate record-keeper; you must be conscious of safe working practices and be a team player. As there is lifting, loading and unloading involved, you must have a good standard of fitness.
This is a key role for the company and so if you're a flexible & reliable, hard-working team player, get in touch !
- £8.00/hour, with increase to £8.50 after completion of training
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus £150
- 28 holiday days + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme after 3 months.
37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm, with 1 hour for lunch – some flexibility for the right candidate.
To apply, please download and complete our application form and (e)mail it to the address given on the form. If you have a CV, please include this, but applications without a fully completed application form will not be considered. We will close the position as soon as we have found a suitable person, so please apply asap !