injection moulding jobs at Toolcraft Plastics (Swindon) Ltd
All production operator vacancies have now been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Materials Handler / Stock Handler
Toolcraft Plastics Ltd in Gorse Hill, Swindon is an established and successful Plastic Products Manufacturer (Injection Moulding and Vacuum Forming). We're looking for a Materials Handler to join our busy team. The materials handler is responsible for the receipt, storage and despatch of all materials, goods and equipment.
Your key responsibility is:
Preparing materials for production. This includes getting material out of stock & updating records; drying material before it can be loaded in the injection moulding machines; colouring materials; loading materials into the hopper; monitoring machine material levels closely during production; placing materials back in stock & updating records. This a critical role in the company – you'll be the key person keeping production running smoothly. If machines run out of material, production comes to a halt.
- Deliveries: checking materials are received undamaged and that the goods and delivery documentation match the order. Use of Reach Forklift often required.
- Storage: correctly identify & label materials & finished goods and store them in appropriate location, ensuring stock levels are kept up to date. Periodical stock checking.
- Despatch: Carefully package and protect goods for despatch; preparing despatch documentation; ensuring stock level are kept updated.
- Health & Safety: you will comply with Toolcraft Health & Safety procedures at all times.
Regrinding materials for re-use: protective workwear will be supplied and must be worn at all times when in the regrind room.
Experience and qualifications required:
-Reach Forklift licence
-1-2 years work experience in a similar role within a busy manufacturing environment.
-Great organisational skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
- IT literate. We use Sage Line 50 Accounts Software for Stock Control.
As a person, you must have strong attention to detail, be organised and an accurate record-keeper; you must be conscious of safe working practices and be a team player. As there is lifting, loading and unloading involved, you must have a good standard of fitness.
This is a key role for the company and so if you're a flexible & reliable, hard-working team player, get in touch !
- £8.00/hour, with increase to £8.50 after completion of training
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus £150
- 28 holiday days + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme after 3 months.
37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm, with 1 hour for lunch – some flexibility for the right candidate.
To apply, please download and complete our application form and (e)mail it to the address given on the form. If you have a CV, please include this, but applications without a fully completed application form will not be considered. We will close the position as soon as we have found a suitable person, so please apply asap !